-  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 33515)
Message
File
File URL
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 15360 KB.
  • Images greater than 300x300 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 517 unique user posts.

  • Blotter updated: 2017-02-04 Show/Hide Show All

PBE Shield Stickers and Deagle Boltface Patches On Sale Now!



No. 33515 ID: 7eee47
  Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖
̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪
̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰
Expand all images
>> No. 33516 ID: f2c4ed
...Nope.
>> No. 33518 ID: 90a126
File 145018670668.jpg - (46.87KB , 500x768 , a-sexy-star-trek-costume-with-lots-of-cleavage.jpg )
33518
I enjoyed the two JJ Abrams movies well enough (they were fun but dumb, so goddamn dumb, and Chris Pine's derp face after getting punched was so fucking annoying) but something about this trailer seems.....off.

Maybe I'm just giving this way too hard of a time where The Force Dozes is coming out all too soon and I'm filled with loathing and dread towards that probable clusterfuck but I dunno.

Still will probably be better then Enterprise.
>> No. 33519 ID: cfe73e
File 145019655448.jpg - (128.63KB , 718x1105 , Bianca Beauchamp Star Trek latex 1.jpg )
33519
>> No. 33520 ID: cfe73e
File 145019657635.jpg - (84.27KB , 717x1100 , Bianca Beauchamp latex 1.jpg )
33520
>> No. 33521 ID: cfe73e
File 145019659330.jpg - (69.94KB , 717x1100 , Bianca Beauchamp latex 2.jpg )
33521
>> No. 33522 ID: cfe73e
File 145019660967.jpg - (90.28KB , 717x1100 , Bianca Beauchamp latex 3.jpg )
33522
>> No. 33523 ID: cfe73e
File 145019662881.jpg - (194.53KB , 1920x1080 , Bianca Beauchamp latex 4.jpg )
33523
>> No. 33524 ID: ff0dcf
You know, I wouldn't dislike these movies if they weren't so markedly different from the rest of the franchise, or if there was a concurrent show to offer an alternative. It's just frustrating. I love the casting, it's spot on (except Khan, wtf was that about Cumberbatch doesn't need to be in everything) but the plots just aren't fucking there. They could just straight up reshoot Original Series episodes and be less derivative in this market.

Star Trek is a little more slow and cerebral than other scifi franchises--and that's okay! That's the appeal! Maybe it works better as a series than a film franchise--that's okay too! It's a shame. If they took this cast and just made an hour long tv series they'd be fine.
>> No. 33526 ID: 7eee47
>>33524
I agree, they are probably trying to appeal to people like me, who have seen some episodes but never really got into it. So a dumb-down action packed version set in the same universe to peak my interest and make me buy a ticket
>> No. 33530 ID: 26858e
It starts off by destroying their abomination Enterprise, not a bad start I suppose. I'm sure it'll be fun scifi, but it's still not really Star Trek. It wouldn't bother me half as much if they had just made their own characters instead of using bad stereotypes of TOS characters bizarrely mashed into the same ship for dumb and lazy reasons.

Yeah, I'm still mad bro.
>>33518
>Still will probably be better then Enterprise.
I still think Enterprise was better than people give it credit for. Don't get me wrong, it has some derpy bullshit like T'pol's space AIDS(and the Xindi et al), but it also has motherfucking Shran.
>> No. 33531 ID: 90a126
  >>33529
>I still think Enterprise was better than people give it credit for.

Its really not dude. Its not a situation like the Prequels were haters gonna hate because Lucas the Hutt didn't put their masturbatory fan fiction on screen.

Enterprise, like Voyager that proceeded it, just sucked. It had an interesting premise, it had a decent cast, it had Scott Bakula, it had a cute chick who was a Trekkie as part of the cast, it was set in an untamed and untapped era.

But like Voyager, it was a place where potential was taken behind the shed and had two put in its head. Everyone in the cast was unlikable or just plain stupid, Archer was an unlikable space racist hobo somebody stuffed in a Starfleet uniform for shits and giggles, Hoshi was scared of every fucking thing, Trip was an idiot who got raped for comedy, Phlox was a mass murdering moron, and T'Pol was bland and uninteresting to the point even her skin-tight cat suit didn't make her interesting. And the fact the alien chick is wearing a downright sexist uniform (and I don't use the term sexism lightly) on a show that is touted as "enlightened" and worn by a chick who was a fan of the series is both fucked up and sad.

The storylines were at best boring, never ever thought out (like the Future Guy Temporal Cold War story, it was so much of an asspull that the main baddy didn't even have a name, he's literally just called Future Guy), boring, and tended to go up against established canon. Also really boring.

The show was so afraid to go out of its Trek comfort zone that even though it was supposed to be set in the primitive past with primitive starships with primitive weapons the ship was equipped with the same shit as any other shit but with slightly altered names. Instead of phasers banks we had phase cannons, instead of shields we had hull plating, instead of hand phasers we had phase pistols, and transporters were still transporters. Even had a fucking holodeck episode despite it being two centuries before the damned thing was invented, it was the same episode where a dude getting raped (by a big titted alien who is part of a species where the nipples are on the males and one the wrist, yeah, I guess they might have been built in airbags or something) was treated as comedy.

Other shit like the Borg and Ferengi showing up again centuries before they were supposed to and being promptly forgotten (though I will give credit to the Ferengi episode making the Ferengi somewhat menacing and giving Ethan Phillips a character to play that doesn't make Jar Jar look pleasant in comparison).

The show got okay during the finale season when Berman and Braga got kicked upstairs but the damage was already done. And those cunts returned for the series finale to give one last FUCK YOU to the series they ruined and the fans they pissed on with glee.

And don't let me forget the worst fucking part, that fucking theme song.

Now if you enjoy its thats fine, I'm not so much of an asshole where I say you liking something I dislike is bad (though my asshole gland has been acting up very badly recently in regards to Star Wars, never have I wanted to shout at some kids to stop being excited for a shit ass movie written by a hack and will no doubt be embraced by mindless morons) but I will say I think objectively Enterprise was for the most part terrible.

The Mirror Universe episodes (where the cast was only slightly exaggerated versions of their season 1 selves except for the fact Archer could actually win a fist-fight and T'Pols midriff baring uniform was sexier and less sexist then her usual cat-suits) and the time traveling alien Nazis were fun though, kinda stupid but highly entertaining.
>> No. 33532 ID: 26858e
File 145026920378.png - (1.59MB , 2085x1561 , nx01_refit_diagram[1].png )
33532
>>33531
Can't say I disagree with any point made there, I suppose my view is somewhat skewed by my purposely avoiding every single episode you just mentioned on my recent re-watch of Enterprise.
>And those cunts returned for the series finale to give one last FUCK YOU to the series they ruined and the fans they pissed on with glee.
Yup, fuck that last episode right in the ass.
>that fucking theme song
What, you didn't like it when the theme added a bizarre upswing to it, coinciding with a season that starts off with the deaths of 7+ million civilians?
>main baddy didn't even have a name, he's literally just called Future Guy
Apparently if that plot had continued it was supposed to turn out that he was actually Archer from the future because sure, fuck it, why not.
Listen, I said I thought it was better than most people give it credit for, not that it was great. But to be fair I meant more of the late series stuff, like you said, particularly revolving around the founding of the Federation and especially the three-parter starting with "The Forge". Also, again, motherfucking Shran. More than anything I'm sad we didn't get to see more of those late series themes and also that the NX class refit never got screen time. There was also a script being worked on for ST-11 that was supposed to be a trilogy picking up after Enterprise and covering the Romulan-Federation war, but with a focus on new characters. But we got the Abrams bullshit instead.
>> No. 33533 ID: 90a126
  >>33532
>I suppose my view is somewhat skewed by my purposely avoiding every single episode you just mentioned on my recent re-watch of Enterprise

Don't feel bad, I did much the same thing last year while going through TNG. Pretty much skipped most of the 1st two seasons.

>fuck that last episode right in the ass

Bizarrely B&B thought it was a love letter to the fans. Never has the marked been missed so widely since Lucas thought Jar Jar would be the break-out character and the makers of Voyager thought the same thing aboot Neelix.

>What, you didn't like it when the theme added a bizarre upswing to it, coinciding with a season that starts off with the deaths of 7+ million civilians?

It was certainly an interesting choice, I'll give them that. I just wish they had stuck with the Mirror Universe theme song, that was straight up tits.

>Apparently if that plot had continued it was supposed to turn out that he was actually Archer from the future because sure, fuck it, why not.

That was actually a fan theory. Originally Coto and Braga said it was probably a Romulan but year later Braga said it was probably Archer. Like all things Future Guy it was yet another asspull.

>to be fair I meant more of the late series stuff, like you said, particularly revolving around the founding of the Federation and especially the three-parter starting with "The Forge"

That makes more sense. Season 4 was good. Season 3 was okay-ish. Everything before was hot dog shit. Strangely the series actually started to get good when B&B were being removed from the show.

>There was also a script being worked on for ST-11 that was supposed to be a trilogy picking up after Enterprise and covering the Romulan-Federation war, but with a focus on new characters. But we got the Abrams bullshit instead

Thats what happens when a franchise is driven into the ground so hard it came out in China. Voyager and Enterprise were ratings disasters. DS9 didn't even do that hot. The movies got progressively worse to the point the final movie of the Prime universe sucked worse then the worst Star Wars movie and thats despite having Tom Hardy, Ron Perlman, action star Picard, two Data's, and Wesley Crusher deleted from the movie. And the movies before weren't all that great. Insurrection was another environmental message movie that sucked balls. Generation was meh despite having President John Hentry Eden, Klingon cleavage, and Kirk dying on the bridge....well a bridge, the fans never specified it had to the be the Big-E's bridge. The only one that didn't suck testicles so massive they have their own gravitational pull was First Contact.

The franchise was dead. The only way for it to make money again was a complete reboot. And unfortunately we probably are going to be sticking with the reboot universe for some time considering it makes money and gets okay critical reception.
>> No. 33536 ID: 26858e
File 145031131393.jpg - (302.95KB , 1920x1080 , enterprise-sun.jpg )
33536
>>33533
>Season 4 was good. Season 3 was okay-ish
That's more or less what I meant, I see a great many who portray it as dogshit throughout when it did have it's good moments, they just came too little too late sadly. I would also point out that I'm a starship junkie and I genuinely like the designs in Enterprise. People loved to bash the NX because of it's similarities to the Akira but I always felt the aesthetic of it worked well, kind of a P38 to the Constitution's F4. Though by that same token I'm with you that it should have had similarly older weapons, chemical fueled torpedoes that weren't garbage, particle cannons, lasers, gauss cannons, something that wasn't just phasers. This is also why I hate the Abrams movies as much as I do, their version of the Constitution class is a bizarre caricature and an affront to what I see as one of the most classic starship designs ever, and all because "lol, butterfly effect guise". The fact that fan theory designs kick the shit out of what they actually made is kind of sad, pic related.
>> No. 33537 ID: 90a126
File 145031246483.jpg - (80.73KB , 540x588 , akira-vs-akiraprise.jpg )
33537
>>33536
>I see a great many who portray it as dogshit throughout when it did have it's good moments, they just came too little too late sadly.

Its still pretty dogshit-ish when half the series is terribad. The fact its later improved doesn't help the fact its earlier seasons were so goddamn awful and definitely didn't save it from cancellation.

Its a bit like Stargate Universe. That was a terrible, terrible, holy fuck why was this made, bad show for all of its first season. It supposedly improved by the 2nd but few knew (myself included) because everyone save the most dedicated of fans had already abandoned ship.

I did like the design of the NX Enterprise but then I liked the Akira and the NX-prise is literally just a flipped over Akira with some very minor changes

But thats just another symptom of the problem of Enterprise right there. Rather then doing something new, making a new ship for a new show, they instead just rehash an old design. An old design to go along with the same old stories, some old plots, same old everything. The same tired shit that had been the staple of Trek since atleast TNG if not TOS.

But unlike those shows, the tropes made even less sense. Can't do a Prime Directive show because the Prime Directive doesn't exist yet, can't do a holodeck show because it hasn't been invented, can't have phasers and shields because those haven't be adopted by Starfleet yet. And yet they did all that and used a 24th century starship design for a show set in the 22nd.

Any positives of that show are far outweighed by the negatives. The only way that show could have acutally been good is if they made it the T'Pol and Hoshi lesbo fun hour with special guests time traveling Beverly Crusher, Kes and 7 of 9.
>> No. 33538 ID: 26858e
>>33537
>Its a bit like Stargate Universe.
As someone who actually did stick around past S1 of SGU I can say it was arguably worse. At least from my perspective, SGU sucked because your most/only likeable character at the beginning was the sociopathic Marine, primarily because all the other characters were mopey unfun bitches. Come S2 they gave the two mopiest bitches girlfriends, this genuinely made them better characters as they ceased being whiny cunts, also Lou Diamond Phillips was brought on full time. What makes this worse for SGU is that whatever writer it was that improved these characters was scared off by an errant raccoon or something and thus allowed the shit writers to come back and immediately unceremoniously kill both characters girlfriends, at the same time, one of them off screen. So now everyone sucks again, worse actually, except Gerald from Hey Arnold! and Lou Diamond Philips. It'd be like Enterprise getting S4 instead of S2 then going straight to killing Trip's sister and lol Xindi. Though I'll give SGU credit, they at least had the decency to not put their sex appeal character in a skin tight cat suit.
>> No. 33582 ID: df12a0
>they at least had the decency to not put their sex appeal character in a skin tight cat suit.

No, they just put her in a t-shirt and lacy, non-regulation panties...
>> No. 33626 ID: 82a3e8
I recently dug more into the movie and Im actually a little curious to see how it turns out.

Simply because the Director did the good fast and furious movies (inb4 hurrdur no good fast and faggoty movies).

And Simon Pegg wrote the damn thing. He is a fuckhuge star wars nerd, and is a good movie writer.
>> No. 33627 ID: 82a3e8
>>33526
also this.

Ive seen half of the first season of TNG so far. thats it.
>> No. 33629 ID: 26858e
>>33626
>fast and furious movies
>Simon Pegg
Both things I genuinely like, but I still think this trailer looks meh at best, and even though I don't like Abram's Star Trek the first one is objectively a good movie. Admittedly part of this is that their obsession with Kirk loving "Sabotage" bugs me, even if it's a good song. Though if the proposed new series turns out to be proper Star Trek, and admittedly Star Trek always worked better as a show, then I suppose I can live with the movies being dumb fun doolally bullshit.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason