-  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 117821)
Message
File
File URL
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 5120 KB.
  • Images greater than 300x300 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 669 unique user posts.

  • Blotter updated: 2017-02-04 Show/Hide Show All

PBE Shield Stickers and Deagle Boltface Patches On Sale Now!



File 151658469392.jpg - (84.42KB , 650x488 , 0759a9411c71668e0c48dceae4d5817d.jpg )
117821 No. 117821 ID: e45562
but but but but but clandestinefunction has assured us that russia isn't a terrorist state!

http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a15227656/pentagon-document-confirms-existence-of-russian-doomsday-torpedo/

>But what really makes Kanyon nightmare fuel is the drone torpedo's payload: a 100-megaton thermonuclear weapon. By way of comparison, the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima was 16 kilotons, or the equivalent of 16,000 tons of TNT. Kanyon’s nuke would be the equivalent of 100,000,000 tons of TNT. That’s twice as powerful as Tsar Bomba, the most powerful thermonuclear weapon ever tested. Dropped on New York City, a 100-megaton bomb would kill 8 million people outright and injure 6 million more.

>Kanyon is designed to attack coastal areas, destroying cities, naval bases, and ports. The mega-bomb would also generate an artificial tsunami that would surge inland, spreading radioactive contamination with the advancing water. To make matters worse there are reports the warhead is “salted” with the radioactive isotope Cobalt-60. Contaminated areas would be off-limits to humanity for up to 100 years.

>Kanyon is designed to get around American ballistic missile defenses, primarily the Ground-Based Interceptor missiles based in Alaska and California. Although GBI is meant to counter small numbers of intercontinental ballistic missiles from rogue countries such as Iran and North Korea, Russia wants to make it abundantly clear that it could still penetrate U.S. defenses even if they were scaled up to deal with larger, more powerful nuclear arsenals.

>Kanyon’s range and payload makes it much larger than existing torpedoes. According to submarine expert H.I. Sutton, Kanyon is 5.5 feet wide and 79 feet long, making it twice as large as a Bulava submarine launched ballistic missile. Sutton also believes the torpedo is nuclear powered.

>The Russian Navy is testing Kanyon from a Sarov-class Russian Navy submarine. The unique, one-of-a-kind Sarov does not have any torpedo tubes of her own, but instead carries the nuclear-armed AUV externally attached to the pressure hull.
Expand all images
>> No. 117825 ID: 278cbe
>>117821
>anybody who attacks US is a terrorist
>anybody who can attack US at least in theory is a terrorist too
>but while US is capable of attacking everyone and actually attacks at every opportunity, is not terrorist
L-l-l-logic!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/polish-govt-pressured-to-act-following-report-on-neo-nazis/2018/01/22/4558b632-ff77-11e7-86b9-8908743c79dd_story.html?utm_term=.0b81b49e683f

>Poland’s right-wing government faced pressure on Monday to act forcefully against far-right extremists following an expose of Polish neo-Nazis who celebrated Adolf Hitler, burning a swastika and dressing in Nazi German uniforms.

>The weekend TVN24 report has provoked widespread revulsion in Poland, which was occupied by Germany during World War II and subjected to widespread destruction and mass killings. Poles and other Slavs were considered subhuman in Hitler’s ideology, and scenes of young Poles praising the man who unleashed such atrocities on the country are hard for many in Poland to fathom.

Meanwhile US and it's closest allies continue to glorify themselves with the habit of hosting Islamic radicals, terrorists, Nazis and other homicidal fanatics.
>> No. 117827 ID: cce514
File 151664476463.jpg - (49.41KB , 360x400 , etK7mFc.jpg )
117827
>>117825
>build terror weapons
>get mad when called out

"h-how dare you call Nazi Germany a terrorist state!"

>attempts to shift topic with random, unrelated news article

Hey mods can you all please start banning for this? It's really getting to be a problem.

>Islamic radicals, terrorists, Nazis and other homicidal fanatics.

Or as the Russian government calls them, "Moderate pro-Russian race realists preserving their cultural and religious heritage."
>> No. 117832 ID: 2001f3
File 151673981286.jpg - (16.62KB , 650x411 , pluto3.jpg )
117832
Holy fuck that article is retarded. For one thing, Status-6/KANYON hasn't even been proven to exist yet, all this speculation is basically drawn from a single document "accidentally" aired on Russian TV.

>100Mt warhead
Absolutely no fucking way does it have a 100Mt warhead in a package that size, or at all since, you know, a 100Mt bomb is utterly ridiculous and only one was ever built (and never tested at full yield).

>radioactive tsunami
Explosions, nuclear or not, don't generate enough displacement to produce a tsunami, and a 100Mt device is about an order of magnitude smaller than the theoretical yield needed to generate a tsunami anyways.

>cobalt-salted warhead
People have been writing about these since 1950, and to date not a single one has ever been made. Limited evidence from other tests tends to show that the basic concept is unfeasible anyways.

And to top all that off, these things would be inferior in every way to extant SLBMs for a variety of reasons, not the least of which being that whoever wrote this piece of shit thinks ANYBODY would be deranged enough to pre-position a fucking 100Mt nuke in international waters, unmanned and unguarded. Even the Project Pluto SLAM made more sense than KANYON.
>> No. 117833 ID: 025354
  The Halifax Explosion was a maritime disaster in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, which happened on the morning of 6 December 1917. The Norwegian vessel SS Imo collided with SS Mont-Blanc, a French cargo ship laden with high explosives, in the Narrows, a strait connecting the upper Halifax Harbour to Bedford Basin. A fire on board the French ship ignited her cargo, causing a large explosion that devastated the Richmond district of Halifax. Approximately 2,000 people were killed by the blast, debris, fires or collapsed buildings, and an estimated 9,000 others were injured.[1] The blast was the largest man-made explosion before the development of nuclear weapons,[2] releasing the equivalent energy of roughly 2.9 kilotons of TNT (12,000 GJ).[3]

Mont-Blanc was under orders from the French government to carry her cargo of high explosives from New York City via Halifax to Bordeaux, France. At roughly 8:45 am, she collided at low speed, approximately one knot (1.2 mph or 1.9 km/h), with the unladen Imo, chartered by the Commission for Relief in Belgium to pick up a cargo of relief supplies in New York. The resulting fire on board the French ship quickly grew out of control. Approximately 20 minutes later at 9:04:35 am, the Mont-Blanc exploded.

Nearly all structures within an 800-metre (half-mile) radius, including the community of Richmond, were obliterated.[4] A pressure wave snapped trees, bent iron rails, demolished buildings, grounded vessels (including Imo, which was washed ashore by the ensuing tsunami), and scattered fragments of Mont-Blanc for kilometres. Hardly a window in the city proper survived the blast. Across the harbour, in Dartmouth, there was also widespread damage.[1] A tsunami created by the blast wiped out the community of the Mi'kmaq First Nation who had lived in the Tufts Cove area for generations.

Relief efforts began almost immediately, and hospitals quickly became full. Rescue trains began arriving the day of the explosion from across Nova Scotia and New Brunswick while other trains from central Canada and the northeastern United States were impeded by blizzards. Construction of temporary shelters to house the many people left homeless began soon after the disaster. The initial judicial inquiry found Mont-Blanc to have been responsible for the disaster, but a later appeal determined that both vessels were to blame. There are several memorials to the victims of the explosion in the North End.
>> No. 117834 ID: cce514
>>117832
>Status-6/KANYON hasn't even been proven to exist yet

Read the article, it started being tested in 2016.

And the only reason the Tsar bomb wasn't tested at full yield was because they didn't want to kill the bomber crew, and even then they were only given a 50-50 chance of surviving.

As to cobalt bombs, they were never built, until now, because even at the height of the cold war both the US and USSR were lead by statesmen, diplomats and generals, who, on seeing the studies, decided that they wanted to win a nuclear war not exterminate all life. Of course instead now we have a failed real-estate salesman with a failing mind, and a imperialist with a Napoleon complex.

>And to top all that off, these things would be inferior in every way to extant SLBMs for a variety of reasons, not the least of which being that whoever wrote this piece of shit thinks ANYBODY would be deranged enough to pre-position a fucking 100Mt nuke in international waters, unmanned and unguarded.

Yeah. It's a terror weapon. It's not supposed to have military applications and is only supposed to be superior in the number of non-combatants it can kill.
>> No. 117836 ID: 278cbe
File 151680387384.jpg - (25.70KB , 386x217 , thediplomat_2015-11-12_17-47-28-386x217.jpg )
117836
>>117834
>Read the article, it started being tested in 2016.
Have your own eyes to read the article.

>The existence of the weapon, known as Kanyon to the Pentagon and "Ocean Multipurpose System Status-6" to Russia, was first leaked by Russian television in November 2015. A test involving the Sarov-class submarine mothership was leaked in December 2016.
https://thediplomat.com/2016/12/russia-tests-nuclear-capable-underwater-drone/
>Based on information on the slide, the new weapon could be equipped with a thermonuclear warhead with a layer of cobalt-59
Or not equipped at all, because there's no such bomb in the existence.

>As to cobalt bombs, they were never built, until now
However nobody stated that a bomb is being developed or even could be developed today, which means that the claims of that sort of weapons were pulled out of a ... uh, Power Point slide from TV news program.

>Yeah. It's a terror weapon. It's not supposed to have military applications and is only supposed to be superior in the number of non-combatants it can kill.
Yeah and nuclear bombs are supposed to have "military application". And the two first bombs were tested on populated areas for military application. And Dropshot plan surely was designed to take out military targets only. I fail to recognise at this wpoint weither it is a astonoshin cynism, or bewildering stupidity, or both at the same time.

But again,
>cce514
>> No. 117837 ID: 278cbe
  Speaking of weapons of mass destruction.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/23/world/middleeast/syria-chemical-weapons-ghouta.html
>The United States on Tuesday accused Syria’s government of a chlorine gas attack on civilians in the same rebel enclave hit more than four years ago by the deadliest known chemical assault in the Syrian war.
Over years of American occupation of Syrian land it has become a routine procedure. Strangely enough, this time it is not even sarin, or barrel bombs stuffed with sarin, or barrel bombs dropped on hospitals stuffed with sarin.

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201801241061014136-russian-chemical-un-resolution-experts-visits/
>Russia's draft resolution on the creation of the United Nations Independent Mechanism of Investigation stipulates that the UN experts will have to visit the sites of chemical attacks in order to collect the evidence about the incidents there.

Oh no, apparently visiting the locations of chemical weapons use is too much for the investigation, as the proposal was rejected immediately and without further explanation.

The question is, when Syria will be able to stop US chemical attacks on it's territory, as well as liberate itself from occupation and illegitimate international isolation. Whether it be the peace procedure, humanitarian aid or fighting terrorism, the US can not be trusted on a single occasion since it contradicts it's own statements constantly.

http://tass.com/defense/986073
>Under an invented pretext, the United States has first suspended and now stopped destructing own chemical weapons, Russia’s Defense Ministry said on Saturday.

Now we must also remember that US still not complicit with chemical weapons treaties on it's soil. It can be explained in a simple manner - US chemical, nuclear and other WMDs are not terror weapons because US says so. Everybody else's WMDs are terror weapons, because US says so. These countries are using WMDs when US says so, or otherwise they have the intent to use them - when US says so. And therefore they shall be destroyed along with their weapons and population, because US says so.
>> No. 117839 ID: 853b53
  >>117836
>>117837
actual live video of cuckoldfunction seeing criticism of russia.

(Actual live red text of you getting B&)
(Rule 2)
>> No. 117847 ID: addd7a
>>117834
>...they were never built, until now....

OK lets unpack this one:

Firstly what is the beninfit to the USA or USSR of having a super high residual radioactivity rate? Well as long as you can test these weapons and prove to your adversary that you have such bombs they will be more reticent to attack you. A 'salted' bomb would have more uses than merely the direct counterforce/countervailiance options usually associated. For example if the US hit the Black Sea base in Crimea (assuming the nothing will grow there for 100 years is correct) you've something that denys the USSR a port for its fleet, it wipes out black sea assets and also damages the Crimean import/export link and food production, hell a high dispersal ratiation bomb over the grain belt of Ukraine may be better at startting a famine. In short it's extra damage for the same delivery system.

However! Why would you want to? In a full nuclear exchange war would probably not last too long anyway assuming that we're in an almost Khanate Wargasm scinario. Secondly there is no direct benifit using it in W.Europe, the Soviets want to annex the West and the US has no interest in irradiating its allies. Which means there is no utility in their use other than hitting the main body of the opposing super power; this however is not very high on the agenda of either power as then they will be more inclined to strike the other's homeland. In addition if you are hitting Lenningrad or Baltamore would you really want to use a salted warhead? What if the other side has a salted bomb would you want your homeland glassed and unusable. I think not.

Then we have cost and additional time taken in R&D and production. Would you rather have 10 of these limited utility weapons or 20 convetional design thermonuclear warheads with launchers with far greater utility? As a bonus with the extra utility it also aids your detterence posture because you are more likely to use the more conventional warheads for reasons stated above, therefore the enemy belives you more when you say, 'if you do not withdraw from/ceade to me X territory I will be forced to commence nuclear actions' it forces them to make the decision of wether it is worth fighting or not.

>Project Pluto SLAM
Phenomenal weapon system, gives me a Nuclear Boner. Although it has limited use and was superceded when SLBMs became the norm, Pluto was designed to be very hard to stop, it just had the same problems as above.

>It's not supposed to have military applications

Wrong, if I dont believe you'll use something because it's so monsterous it becomes completely irrelivent to my deterence calculations.

>>117821
>get around American ballistic missile defenses

BMD is only good against small opponents or a sputtering second strike. It's never going to stop a Russian first strike, the reason for exiting is pointless. Unless we're tlaking about using it tactically to hit a military target I.E. something like the San Diego shipyards etc or the British Nuclear sub facilities. In which case it's got no more utility than a conventional nuclear armed torpeado albeit with longer range.

TL;DR

This torpeado has no reason to exist and is probably just a Russian disinformation fever dream to panic the US. Probably to get them to back off over Syria and Ukriane.
>> No. 117938 ID: 9315da
>>117821
>>russia isn't a terrorist state!

having nukes make you a terrorist then? Better tell UK and France to give them up then

>>surprised and upset Russia has nuclear weapons

USSR and USA have enough nukes to destroy the entire world. It's been this way for decades. Where the fuck have you been?
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason