-  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Name
Email
Subject   (new thread)
Message
Captcha
File
File URL
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: 7Z, DOC, DOCX, GIF, JPG, PDF, PNG, RAR, SWF, TXT, ZIP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 5120 KB.
  • Images greater than 300x300 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 432 unique user posts.

  • Blotter updated: 2017-02-04 Show/Hide Show All

PBE Felix and Deagle Boltface Patches On Sale Now!



File 135787495159.jpg - (43.76KB , 938x450 , 6a00e0099229e888330120a7d30e2d970b.jpg )
1465 No. 1465 ID: 8c1454 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply]
I had a nice thread started and suddenly I can't post anything. Clicking the "Reply" button takes me to a blank page with the url www.operatorchan.org/board.php and nothing happens. I've tried restarting my browser and clearing my cache.
1 post omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 1469 ID: c574bd
Tested with a pic via File URL successfully, could you tell me what browser you are using?
>> No. 1482 ID: 8c1454
Firefox 17.0.1 on Ubuntu.
>> No. 1485 ID: 42ca4f
what image? what URL?
>> No. 1489 ID: 39229f
>>1465
I must know more about that peculiar vehicle.
>> No. 1513 ID: dfe806
>>1489

Looks like a tatra with woodgas generator.


File 135835064980.jpg - (128.26KB , 908x1024 , guns262.jpg )
1496 No. 1496 ID: 437a35 hide watch quickreply [Reply]
I have a suggestion. How about a /n2/ where the rules of /n/ are less strict?

And after >>/t/46512

I think it would be cool to have a /OPER/ (or what ever would be better) section for 'Operator of the week/day', but not pertaining to just military, how about news stories private citizens defending themselves? If you say no I won't be disappointed at all, it was just a thought that popped in my head.
>> No. 1503 ID: a468a6
Just stopping in to support an "operator of the week" stickied thread or section or whatever.
>> No. 1504 ID: e5fb94
>>1503
yeah, I don't think it warrants its own board, but a sticky would be cool
>> No. 1505 ID: 437a35
A sticky would be good.

What about a /n2/ then? With the current rules of /n/ there is a lot of news stories in /t/ when they used to be all in /n/ and I feel that this takes away from the true purpose of /t/ of just a 'general talk' thread instead of talk and news in the same thread.
>> No. 1510 ID: 42ca4f
We're trying to prevent board sprawl. We already have a lot of boards, some of which don't get a lot of traffic. Adding boards isn't really something we want to do at random (consider the time it took to re-introduce /stem/), and adding /n2/ would not only circumvent what we tried to achieve with the new rules in /n/, but also essentially create a second /dmz/ (which gets too much traffic as it is, this is another point we certainly have an eye on).

tl;dr "no" to the /n2/ suggestion, but thank you for bringing it up.

Can you tell me more about the "Operator of the week thread" idea? I'm not quite following it. Is it something like http://www.badassoftheweek.com/ ?
>> No. 1512 ID: 3e4848
>>1510
OK thanks, basically its like 'badass of the week' but our own version with not just military or paramilitary OPERATORs, but also private citizens who defend themselves from what could be considered and OPFOR.

So if there is an article that says 'store owner stops 3 basketball Americans in robbery and leads police to arrest' it would go in there. But if it says 'armed thug scared away because of dumb reason' it might not be eligible. I'm sure a good system for eligible articles can be devised.


File 135697503036.png - (242.22KB , 504x375 , 1355022132195.png )
1434 No. 1434 ID: 58f4ea hide watch expand quickreply [Reply]
>3. All posted articles must have national/international relevance. No more "two grannies shot in hoboken". This will be enforced at mod discretion.

What do you consider nationally/internationally relevant?
I want to abide by the new rules this line seems a little vague to me.
1 post omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 1438 ID: 58f4ea
>>1437
Alright thank you for the clarification.
>> No. 1439 ID: c574bd
That is not to say smaller stories are altogether verboten, but they have to have a much broader relevance than was previously allowed. We're trying to move to a smaller quantity of threads with higher quality.
>> No. 1451 ID: 0b26a5
>>>/n/50598
This is a story that spans continents. Why was it locked?
>> No. 1452 ID: c574bd
>>1451

Because the geographical span of the story does not make it nationally or internationally relevant.

>Look at your article you would like to post. Would it fit into the front page section, the local news section or the "weird news" section of a large news-paper.

>If it would be front page news, go ahead. If not, post at your own risk.
>> No. 1487 ID: 0d5620
>>1451

criticizing jews is not permitted


File 13578657433.png - (107.27KB , 333x310 , w7TOll.png )
1462 No. 1462 ID: adff93 Locked hide watch expand quickreply [Reply]
Increase post limit in /dmz/ from 500 to 800 or 1000.
2 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 1476 ID: adff93
File 135791150959.jpg - (375.13KB , 728x1092 , 135751566046.jpg )
1476
>>1475
More porn.
>> No. 1477 ID: a50f2c
>>1476

/dmz/ isn't your old /s/, serv. opchan isn't a porn site. more porn is not a reason to change board settings.
>> No. 1478 ID: adff93
File 13579446242.jpg - (190.32KB , 1024x683 , 135243614049.jpg )
1478
>>1477
Could have fooled me what with all the porn threads and the stickied boob thread (exempting it from said post limit)
>> No. 1483 ID: a50f2c
File 135798546113.png - (523.90KB , 800x798 , 133309637033.png )
1483
>>1478

Yes, because one thread is so easy to confuse with 15 pages worth of porn.
>> No. 1484 ID: 42ca4f
Denied for lack of tangible benefits. Locking thread to prevent catfight.


File 135787399011.gif - (72.29KB , 500x265 , 1335380891080.gif )
1463 No. 1463 ID: 05899a hide watch quickreply [Reply]
Auto-update on threads. nuf' said.
>> No. 1464 ID: 58f4ea
I don't think most boards move fast enough to warrant the work of implementing it. Wouldn't mind having it though.
>> No. 1468 ID: c574bd
>>1464

Essentially this, it'd be a nice to have feature, but until we get more code-monkeys, convenience additions are far in the backseat.


File 135784898832.jpg - (32.34KB , 486x197 , getfile.jpg )
1461 No. 1461 ID: de2e16 hide watch quickreply [Reply]
So, theres 15 pages allocated to each board, labelled 0-14. The bottom of /t/ has links for pages 0-15. The last link just 404s, since that refers to the 16th page, which doesnt exist. Pretty basic and out of the way off-by-one error, I think it should be a simple fix, but I dont reckon its bothering anyone if it persists. Just thought to point that out.

Pic unrelated
>> No. 1467 ID: c574bd
All pages 0 - 15 work fine for me.
>> No. 1502 ID: de2e16
Just tested it, it works fine for me now. Weird.

Polite sage for no content.


File 135769023068.jpg - (1.52MB , 1824x1303 , 1350320536427.jpg )
1457 No. 1457 ID: 59f028 hide watch quickreply [Reply]
Can we do something about certain tripfags (Kebab, Clio) derailing threads to have their own little shitfests?

Like:

http://www.operatorchan.org/t/res/45113.html#45285
http://www.operatorchan.org/t/res/45113.html#45284
>> No. 1459 ID: c574bd
Yea, report it as it happens.


File 135586342663.jpg - (128.00KB , 568x640 , 135518609484.jpg )
1377 No. 1377 ID: b13ceb hide watch expand quickreply [Reply]
Did we lose operatorchan.org email or something? I have been trying to log into my opchan email through google for months now and it just tells me, "This email does not exist"
2 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 1393 ID: adff93
https://www.google.com/a/operatorchan.org/
>> No. 1394 ID: ab6588
>>1393

You should be able to use the normal gmail login screen too. Works fine.
>> No. 1396 ID: b13ceb
>>1394
It won't work for me for some reason through the regular google screen.

But thanks for that link serv.
>> No. 1444 ID: 851cae
>>1396
Log out of any other Google accounts and try again. Since my University went with Gmail, I sometimes have issues if I try to log in to both my personal and university accounts.
>> No. 1447 ID: b13ceb
>>1444
Worked. Thank you.


File 135691559112.jpg - (122.11KB , 533x385 , niggerbike.jpg )
1431 No. 1431 ID: bea9fb hide watch quickreply [Reply]
with respect to the new sticky in /n/, does that mean i can continue to call people i don't like "nigger" for the reset of this year?
>> No. 1433 ID: cee99d
File 135697426821.jpg - (66.45KB , 440x540 , Thumbs Up.jpg )
1433
nigger, no.
/n/igger, yes, for a few more hours.
>> No. 1442 ID: 59f028
The thing with /n/ is that it attracts a group of people who are only on it to shitpost and troll.
>> No. 1443 ID: ffba8d
>>1442
+1
>> No. 1445 ID: a0650a
I have a question about the sticky, it says all titles must be
>[...]succinct[...]

This is the first time in my life I've ever heard this word, can I have some clarification?
>> No. 1446 ID: c574bd
>>1445

suc·cinct
/səkˈsiNGkt/
Adjective
(esp. of something written or spoken) Briefly and clearly expressed


File 135698425971.jpg - (406.59KB , 1920x1200 , 1302210677294.jpg )
1435 No. 1435 ID: 07c97f hide watch quickreply [Reply]
In the archived threads, is there a way to keep the in-thread links to other posts?
Right now all of them break when the thread is archived
>> No. 1436 ID: c574bd
no. There isn't.
>> No. 1440 ID: c574bd
To clarify, because my response may have seemed abrupt.

There is likely some coding that can be done to make that happen, but it's very, very low on the list of priorities.
>> No. 1441 ID: 42ca4f
There certainly is a way, but we don't have any coders with enough spare time to implement it.


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  
[0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14]