-  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Name
Email
Subject   (new thread)
Message
File
File URL
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 5120 KB.
  • Images greater than 300x300 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 695 unique user posts.

  • Blotter updated: 2017-02-04 Show/Hide Show All

No. 56879 ID: 963c4b hide watch expand quickreply [Reply]
  Hysteria over video game bikini girls playing beach volleyball.
Koei announced they weren't going to bring Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 to the west because of the hassle from hysterical nincompoops complaining how women are objectified in video games. I suggest they could make an option in the game to have the female characters all wear burkas to satisfy the extreme feminists and extreme religious fundamentalists (both agree they want to censor things from society that they don't like), but on November 25, the developer of PC dating sim/puzzle game HuniePop offered $1 million to Koei Tecmo in exchange for the rights to publish DOAX3 in the United States.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/165216-HuniePop-Offers-1-Million-for-Right-to-Publish-Dead-or-Alive-Xtreme-3-in-US

Or perhaps this announcement from Koei was just a publicity stunt to generate free press and discussion of their game and also force a backlash against the annoying prudes that want to censor video games.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 TOO SEXY for the US? - Inside Gaming Daily https://youtu.be/lx0QSIgz3J8
6 posts and 1 image omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 56927 ID: cfe73e
  If DoAX3 is anything like the previous one, it's going to suck.
Unless they get rid of the game mechanic where you buy gifts for the various beach bunnies to curry their favor so they will play beach games with you. The PSP Dead or Alive Paradise game was ruined with that whole goofy gift-giving gimmick. Lose that. Just have a menu of games to play with bikinis, items and cash awarded as achievements for winning. The island casino needed a strip poker game. BIG TIME. And a bunch of fighting games from boxing to MMA beat-downs to gladiator knife fights. Pillow fights for the squeamish. Put this together and we got something.

Rage Quit - Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 https://youtu.be/cLDoSyLztog
This week on Rage Quit, Michael hits the beaches in Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 for the Xbox 360. Be warned. Things get extreme.
>> No. 56946 ID: 3dbf4a
>>56891
The first DOAX had nude mods on the og xbox. Hell the characters were naked in some bullshots too.
>> No. 57193 ID: 23df7a
Dead or Alive 2 was already bad enough.
>> No. 57218 ID: 223a41
File 145333979572.png - (172.24KB , 552x473 , first-world-problem-1335942670-epiclolcom.png )
57218
It was probably for publicity. I didn't know they still made these games. Seriously, people to mind their own business, and have their faces smashed in for this level of ****.

I know it's hard guys, but every time we play dead or alive, a young girl hides in a latrine full of raw sewage to stay safe. Please stop this atrocity.

Life is all about perspective, and people who think this game exploits women simply haven't played DoA, it actually exploits horny males, tricking them into paying premium prices for an otherwise lousy series of games. Also they've never had to hide in raw sewage or they'd realize there are worse things on earth that bikinis.
>> No. 57222 ID: 79b400
>>57218
The kid on the right looks like a comic book villain.


File 145299056897.jpg - (310.30KB , 1280x720 , dragons-dogma1.jpg )
57210 No. 57210 ID: 254d85 hide watch quickreply [Reply]
Anybody else pick up the PC release? It's running really smoothly for me and mouse controls feel fine. I've put in about five hours so far and it seems pretty cool, sort of a Japanese take on the Gothic/Risen style of EuroRPG.

Hot tip: Once you reach the first city a fast travel item is put into your stored inventory at the inn. The game doesn't tell you about this at all.
>> No. 57211 ID: 0ea1a5
Fucking Tremors: Medieval
>> No. 57212 ID: 06a0fb
>>57210
bought it, havent had a chance to download it yet.
>> No. 57215 ID: 254d85
>Pawn gets knocked off of cliff
"Tis' a troublesome foe."


No. 57088 ID: ef8f9a hide watch expand quickreply [Reply]
  Square is actually doing something that isn't Lightning or Lightning product related! I'm sure there are a few other people here who had some fond memories of FF9 and would be happy to play it again on the PC
3 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 57125 ID: ef8f9a
>>57124
If you get to the end of the game in under 10 hours you get the most powerful weapon in the game.

There are also a lot of collectables you can miss, I'd look really hard for all of that coffee
>> No. 57126 ID: fd0828
>>57124
It might seem stupid but you should definitely commit to doing the frog-catching mini-game (and doing it right) and also doing the Chocobo mini-game. Good gear to be earned earlier than you'd otherwise earn it.
>> No. 57128 ID: cb5ffa
  >>57126
If you simply kill a crap load of dragons while making sure you steal throughout the entire game, you can have half your party doing 9999 dmg during the endgame or before. Freya's Dragon Crest does more damage for each dragon you kill and the same with Zidane's Thievery except with stealing. There's a spot to farm high level dragons in that tunnel before you get to Burmecia, the entrance to it is near two moogles who warn you about it before you to it.


Love this game though, only FF I've ever beaten. So much shit to discover, soundtrack is amazing, its a last hurrah of the old FF settings so no edgy teenagers riding around on motorcycles, and the characters are actually pretty fun to play with, especially Quina's Blue Magic. Amarant is really fucking OP though since can heal, revive and deal out shitloads of damage by throwing your junk weapons.

>you will never please that 1 noble
>> No. 57129 ID: fd0828
>>57128
Using Quina's Lvl 5 Death on those level 65 Grand Dragons above Gizamaluke's Grotto you mentioned is the #1 fastest, easiest way to power-level and do all that. If memory serves, they reward 3AP per battle before Ability Up too, so learning skills is a breeze as well.
>> No. 57207 ID: fd0828
>>57125
It's actually under 24 hours to get the Excalibur II in Memoria, I believe.


File 145227825524.jpg - (39.95KB , 600x337 , ss_d2f5e7325666df6119ff1d42be73bac9594c5b1e_600x33.jpg )
57148 No. 57148 ID: f44962 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply]
I received the Steam Controller I ordered last year today, here are my first impressions after about 4 hours of use.

This controller is like a crystallization of the concept of PC gaming. What I mean by that is that it's a technically superior to all other comparable controllers in features, customization and function. The other side of the coin is that you're going to have to do some legwork to make it work right. Namely you need customize the profiles to suit your style. Sure there are some pretty good official profiles out there for some games but most are just 1:1 copies of Xbox controller scheme.

The first game I tried it with was War Thunder, a WW II F2P multiplayer flight-sim / tankfest. I tried the standard controller profile and it was pretty bad. So I delved into the controller profile editor to make my own. Took about 15-20 minutes to come up with something that worked fairly well. I set the D-pad to WASD with overlap for pitch and roll and the Right pad I used as a mouse for precise aiming. This worked much better than the PS3 Dual Shock that I've tried in the past. But still left much room for improvement. Then I took a look at a few user submitted profiles and realized that the Steam Controller has a very accurate gyro that can be mapped as a mouse.
I've since tried this method of control in a Realistic Air battle against human opponents and it's damn near as good as a mouse and keyboard. The only problem is that like a lot of new control methods it takes a while to get used to it but I got 3 kills in my first fly-out with this profile and was pretty impressed by this little thing.

I've also tried fallout 4 as a test of how well this works in FPS games and it's a whle different ballgame, in War Thunder you don't have to make fast and accurate mouse movements at a moments notice but in FPS you need to turn 180 degrees and blow a raiders head of right the fuck now the Gyro doesn't cut it alone. I cobbled together a system where I use the track-pad as a ball mouse that I can flick around for fast movement and then transition to gyro with a grip button as a modifier for accuracy. This is getting much harder to get used to but it's OK for single player games if you're not playing on the higher difficulties.

In summary The Steam Controller is a very good and extremely versatile customizable controller. Won't beat KB+M but gets pretty damn close with the right settings. I'm getting a new TV pretty soon and once my steam Link arrives I can get comfy and play on my couch. But when the chips are down and I absolutely have to hit a Mofo in the head with flick-shot I'll use KB+M for that extra edge.
3 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 57161 ID: f44962
>>57157
>>57156
After more hours of couch gaming I can distill my opinion a bit.

1. The Steam controller should never be used as a 1:1 replacement for dual analog controllers, this is the number one reason it is bashed by reviewers, they're used to dual analog and the touchpads simply don't cut it in that role. Because you can't center them so you get drift and you lose position easily.

2. In regards to dual analog controllers the Steam controller is superior in every regard, BUT ONLY IF USING THE TOUCHPADS AS MOUSE OR MOUSEJOY.

From these two points I've inferred the true POU (philosophy of Use *Smacks swollen Nutnfancy lips*) of The Steam Controller:
To enable PC gamers to play on the couch with some ability no matter the game. There really isn't anything else to it and for that purpose it is more than fine, I've played through The Disappearance of Ethan Carter, several hours of 80 days, 1,5 hours of Final Fantasy VI, 1 hour of Primordia (2d mouse driven adventure game) and 2 hours of Blood Dragon. With the exception of Blood Dragon I got into groove with the controls in no time. With Blood Dragon it took about an hour until I got proficient enough to not constantly die like a bitch, by the 2 hour mark I was in a shape where I could with a bit of luck knock over an outpost on medium difficulty with only a few attempts.
>> No. 57162 ID: 5d1757
I'm looking forward to hearing about your Steam Link review.

I've heard of some people having frame rate issues with theirs, but I wonder if that's because they have shitty routers.

>>57157
KB+M for FPS, no other substitute other than some kind of Zapper gun.


I mostly use this controller for playing 3rd person or side scrolling games.
>> No. 57167 ID: 254d85
>>57161
So it seems like it's more intended to provide a way to control PC games with a gamepad, than as a full replacement for a regular twin stick gamepad.

How is the D-pad for stuff like fighting games/platforming?
>> No. 57168 ID: 031806
>>57167
I don't play platformers or fighters but I feel the d-pad is not suitable for that type of use. Use a controller with a real dpad or a fightstick.
>> No. 57198 ID: 8c5d06
I've been using the steam controller for quite a while now. I've played over 20 hours worth of different games using the controller and I'm still finding new neat features and tricks to improve the experience. The main thing that I've noticed is that I'm flat out playing more when I'm sitting on the couch, I don't alt-tab constantly and break the flow so to speak, because I would have to get off my ass to do it. If I have to find a guide or something I can use the built in Steam Browser with the controller. for the first time in years I've made a decent dent in my backlog. Also I've heard the gyro is awesome when playing racing games, going to test that out next.


File 14521005727.jpg - (73.84KB , 589x853 , Untitled.jpg )
57131 No. 57131 ID: 7d8bca hide watch expand quickreply [Reply]
Oculus Rift commercial version is available for preorder today. Anybody taking the hit on it? Kinda torn between it and the HTC Vive...
26 posts and 1 image omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 57184 ID: 82a3e8
>>57182
>Warhammer
Totally. It had promise starting out, but they missed out on a LOT of opportunities with it and played it safe.

>I also went through stints in Shadowbane, Darkfall, Mortal, etc. It's always so disappointing to see these ambitious MMOs fail so hard though, mainly because the MMO market at large is always afraid of games based on open world PvP and PKing
Agreed, I am a big fan of Shadowbane, Darkfall, and mortal as well. But you are correct, a lot of developers are afraid to take risks and they really really need to start. Because we need to shake off the comfort of WoW clones.

>I guess my main issue is just that MMOs are always so controlled and on-rails these days, I just like the concept of every player having nearly absolute freedom to do what they want.
My thoughts exactly. Theres a new one coming out tht might be right up your alley called "The Repopulation" or something to that effect. Its basically Fallen Earth + SWG pre CU on an alien planet.

Also Camelot Unchained is coming along nicely (Im in the Alpha).

Check out the classes (as they have been revealed. Some are really fucking cool (Im looking at you Black Rider).
>> No. 57185 ID: 53e7c0
>>57182
Right. That's why I never got into WoW much or anything either. There's really no "game" to it. If you die you go get your body and your stuff is a little damaged. Hurt your pocketbook, which is directly influenced by how much you play. Everything about it was designed to be a time sink to keep you wrapped up and paying the subscription fee.
Tried the same stuff with Diablow 3 and it sucked. I'm not sure if Blizzard has the talent left who knows how to make a good non-MMO type game. Their Heroes of the Storm team actually got laid off after it went "gold" I guess, cuz they expected it to die off in short order.
>> No. 57186 ID: 82a3e8
>>57185
>Diablow
If you want a game that is what diablo 3 was supposed to be, check out Path of Exile and Grim Dawn.

PoE is everything diablo 3 should have been with a fucking nuts final fantasy 10 style skill tree.

Grim Dawn is made by the people who did titan quest, so its similar to that.
>> No. 57190 ID: 53e7c0
>>57186
I was playing PoE on and off until they revamped it. Yes. much better. Feels much more like DII, which in my mind is SUPERIOR to D3 in all respects.

My buddy just got grim dawn and I've been watching him stream over steam. Looks pretty cool.
>> No. 57197 ID: 06a0fb
>>57186
>>57190
>PoE
Seeing that in posts, I can't help but think Point of Existence rather than Path of Exile.

Point of Existence was awesome. Would pay heartily for a VR vietnam shooter.


File 144993701337.jpg - (302.47KB , 1360x768 , 2015-11-06_00001.jpg )
56965 No. 56965 ID: c743e8 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply]
Any of you faggots ever play DayZ Standalone? Its probably the worst early access game to ever get so far, the devs are incompetent as all hell, and it was supposed to be going into Beta this month or the next but thats nowhere near happening as they are at least a year behind schedule.

With that out of the way, its fun as fuck if you have a couple of guys who understand the mechanics of it. Best gunfights in any game ever.

Picture related, these are the moments that make the game worth playing, we created a community outside the Berezino police station, a community of cannibals with broken legs.
17 posts and 1 image omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 56990 ID: 087d66
>>56989
I always heard how shitty people were in this game.

Only now do I understand.

Major props to the few people who were cool though.
>> No. 56992 ID: 53e7c0
>>56990
Yeah. I really like DayZ and the concept but the morality mechanic is fucked. There's literally no incentive to not shoot on sight.

But anyway it's a definite illustration of the same thing as Walking Dead and games like The Last of Us portray; zombies are shitty, but the survivors are worse.

Cuz really, imagine what people who trample, mace, or shoot each other for a TV on Black Friday would do when we run out of food...
>> No. 56994 ID: 38f673
>>56990
>>56992
The edge on the Steam community forums is prime example of actual edginess. By no means is it the autistic bullshit with teleporting behind you to backstab you, but it's there alright. It doesn't fucking help that with every new update for SA that seemingly feeds into that mentality.

But if there's one thing that just makes me fucking hate SA all the more is how everyone attempts to justify the idiotically empty cities and "veteran" players wanting everyone else to go out hide out in the woods and farm. Would it fucking kill the devs and community to not have you on the verge of starvation when you first spawn?

Yeah, I'm disgruntled and shit.
>> No. 56995 ID: 53e7c0
>>56994
Yeah. Totally agree. From what I understand virtually all dev time as of late has been used to make console ports rather than actively work on the game itself.
>> No. 57192 ID: 23df7a
Too many people sham at Day Z because a) it's a shitty game to play on the lowest of low graphics, and people would rather play Roblox alternatives or b) it's just really shitty in terms of community.


File 145256133721.gif - (1.98MB , 260x152 , 137250723320.gif )
57173 No. 57173 ID: 82a3e8 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply]
The humble bundle of the week is worth looking into.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

If you pay $10 you get
Rainbow Six.
Rainbow Six 3 Gold (raven shield / athena sword)
Rainbow Six Vegas
Splinte Cell Chaos Theory
Ghost Recon
Rainbow six vegas 2
The Division beta code (main reason I ponied up)
Splinter Cell Conviction Deluxe Edition
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
1 post omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 57177 ID: b5e216
File 145258824589.jpg - (7.19KB , 230x219 , Sad frog.jpg )
57177
>>57173
>The Division beta code (main reason I ponied up)

I was hyped for The Division but after I played the abomination that was the Rainbow Six: Siege beta all my hype for it was killed.
>> No. 57178 ID: 3bde88
>>57177
What is the problem with Siege? It seems to be a fun game for me.
>> No. 57179 ID: 82a3e8
>>57177
Weird, I enjoyed The Siege. In fact, most of the people I know who played it, enjoy it.
>> No. 57188 ID: 9dc901
>UPlay


Mnyeh, I'll pass.
>> No. 57189 ID: 7eee47
Surprised Sum of All Fears isn't on here


File 145129117932.jpg - (2.09MB , 3264x1836 , 20151227_205112.jpg )
57057 No. 57057 ID: b906d2 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply]
>GF and I playing w/ starter deck I got her for Christmas
>this happens
>not sure what happens to attached artifact
> end up spending a good 20 min on Google trying to figure it out
15 posts and 2 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 57116 ID: 82a3e8
>>57115
Pretty much any time I play MtG with the GF, she ends up winning.
>> No. 57127 ID: 2fddc5
File 14520438581.png - (410.97KB , 375x523 , FVF9liE.png )
57127
>>57115
Doesn't matter. Played Magic.
I don't play much anymore since no one really plays around me. Can't stand the online client.
>> No. 57130 ID: 5d1757
>>57127
I haven't played in a while either.

Two of the three local game shops for MtG closed so all the salty EDH players have funneled into the one store, which would be fine I suppose but I don't like EDH.

I used to play it a lot in tech school.
>> No. 57172 ID: d8ab9d
File 145255396916.jpg - (183.69KB , 887x1200 , carta-pokemon-charizard-ex-full-art-xy-flashfire-i.jpg )
57172
>playing mtg

Actually have an MTG commander deck, and some really old YGO stuff, but playing multiple cardgames at the same time gets real expensive real quick, so I'm just a huge casual when it comes to those two.
>> No. 57183 ID: 53e7c0
I got into it around Revised/4th Edition, Antiquities/Legends/Dark/Fallen Empires/Homelands/Ice Age... etc.

Quit around Urza's Saga. Chceked it out a couple times since, not really interested cuz of crap like OP, indestructible artifacts, etc.

You guys just made nostalgia typing out all the old sets. Wish I had all that money I spent on cards back too.


No. 57169 ID: 963c4b hide watch quickreply [Reply]
  War Thunder PS4 control tips?
Playing War Thunder is getting exasperating because it is a PC game meant to fly by mouse pointing and they ported this to the PS4 but the PlayStation controller feels glitchy and imprecise. The worst is the game uses a round direction cursor that will drift off to where you are trying to fly towards and this focus takes you away from the nose and gun crosshairs of your plane. Even when viewing the game in the virtual HUD, that bastard direction cursor will drift off the HUD and you will not look in the direction that you are flying.

War Thunder's ancestral game for the PS3 in 2012 was Birds of Steel (both made by Gaijin Entertainment) and that had good controls, although realistically buffeting around to the point where it was difficult to line targets up. At least it stayed focused on the plane's nose even when pulling sharp turns.

Do you have any tips for better PS4 control settings? Tips that do not include connecting a mouse to my PS4, thanks.

Here's one guy's tips:
http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/156734-playstation4-sim-bindings-for-ds4-controller-from-me-to-you-the-community/
War Thunder PS4 Controller settings for sim https://youtu.be/eAfUvdrJUHs
>> No. 57170 ID: 963c4b
  War Thunder PS4 DS4 Controller Settings https://youtu.be/QzsVP71BmeI
A quick video showing how to change default controls to a scheme with full pitch roll control like you would get on a keyboard and mouse.

You can effectively pull snap rolls, scissors and other moves with this set up which you would otherwise be unable to do with the default controls.

Basically clear all controls set to simple and modify x, square, circle, and triangle to use shift button (L1) and you can then set up pitch and roll on the same keys (without shift button).

Credit to Maj_fox for pointing me to this set up.
http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/238082-simulating-kbm-on-the-ds4/


No. 56988 ID: cfe73e hide watch expand quickreply [Reply]
  But why didn't he make functional gun turrets to go with it?
Fallout 4: The Force Awakens. Star Wars Settlement Build. https://youtu.be/XZeCvNfQmps
Fallout 4 Player Builds Huge AT-AT in the Wasteland
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-player-builds-huge-at-at-in-the-wastelan/1100-6433093
With Star Wars: The Force Awakens coming to theaters in just a matter of days, one Fallout 4 player is got in the mood by building an AT-AT using the RPG's settlement tools. This impressive structure comes from YouTuber Ops_Specialist (via Kotaku), who says the AT-AT is also "fully functional."

As you'll see in the video below, the builder created a series of stairs so they could actually climb atop it or go inside. There are multiple rooms inside, too, complete with beds and plant life.

In Fallout 4, you can create your own settlements and tailor them to your liking--there are basically no rules. This Minecraft-like open-endedness will undoubtedly lead to more and more amazing creations in the future

Fallout 4 got its first official patch across all platforms last week. It fixed a number of bugs and put an end to the infinite money exploit, among other things. For more on it, check out this technical analysis of how the patch affected the game's frame rate on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

What kinds of settlements have you made in Fallout 4?
7 posts and 3 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 57118 ID: 3d25a3
>>57109
The brotherhood are right though. Synths can't be trusted, certain phrases could make them go berserk.

Ghouls aren't people anymore, and will eventually go feral.

The average moron can't be trusted with high technology.
>> No. 57119 ID: f2400b
>>57118

>The brotherhood are right though. Synths can't be trusted, certain phrases could make them go berserk.

I've never actually seen a code phrase in F4 that made a Synth go apeshit, just ones that made them pass out. It's possible I just never saw it as I stopped playing a while back to wait for the GECK, but still. It's also a case of there's no reason you couldn't try to figure out how to remove those code phrases and just treat the ones that are already made as people. The Brotherhood doesn't want to do that.

>Ghouls aren't people anymore, and will eventually go feral.

The issue here is that it's never clear when a Ghoul will go feral, and many of them have lasted perfectly fine for hundreds and hundreds of years. If the Brotherhood wanted to heal the Ghouls that they could, make them human again, that would be a different case; giving them back their appearances and health would be undeniably a good thing. But they don't want to do that, they just want to kill 'em all.

>The average moron can't be trusted with high technology.

If we're talking all the various sorts of weapons of mass destruction that exist in the universe they might have a point, but what the Brotherhood practically ends up doing is preventing settlements from having easy access to medical technology, water purification, and the means to protect themselves from Raiders. If they followed the Midwestern style of trading basic firearms, ammunition, armor, and medical supplies that they can create in-house in exchange for food, water, and basic natural resources... they'd be a lot more sympathetic. But they don't, they just kinda show up, declare 'we are not your enemy' and then shoot anyone that gets in their way while taking all the best salvage regardless of what it is.
>> No. 57120 ID: 3d25a3
>>57119
>It's also a case of there's no reason you couldn't try to figure out how to remove those code phrases and just treat the ones that are already made as people.
They're literal robots. You can watch them being shit out off an assembly line.

>If the Brotherhood wanted to heal the Ghouls that they could
That would be none.


>If we're talking all the various sorts of weapons of mass destruction that exist in the universe they might have a point, but what the Brotherhood practically ends up doing is preventing settlements from having easy access to medical technology, water purification, and the means to protect themselves from Raiders

Excpet there's little to support this.

What you actually SEE paladins take form people is along the lines of power armor and lasers. And sure enough, the people you see running around with them outside the brotherhood most often are... gunners, who are a fucking menace. Or raiders. Hell, even the van graffs.

There's really no examples of a village having all their guns taken, stimpaks confiscated, and water purifiers shot to pieces. They don't want people haivng shit they could end the world with again.
Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
>> No. 57121 ID: 90a126
File 145198489444.jpg - (190.06KB , 780x1346 , Why+nick+is+best_e16163_5761926.jpg )
57121
>>57117
I know the Brotherhood have always been assholes but the Outcasts and the Baby Maxson Brotherhood have become assholes willing to spread their shit onto everyone else. The Brokeass Hills Bros were mostly content to stay in their basement bunker and jack off.

And they are Enclave 2.0 because they have many of the same goals and attitudes as the somewhat nicer non-genocidal version of the Enclave. People in the Enclave like Colonel Autumn didn't want to exterminate everyone, just every one who didn't look human except the experiments they made themselves. They wanted to use their advanced technology to dominate the peoples of the wasteland though unlike the Brotherhood they were more willing to share, like them trading laser pistols to New Reno mobsters.

The Baby Maxson Brotherhood is the same, arguably worse. The same genocidal views towards everyone who doesn't meet their standard of human, and willing to use their tech to dominate the people. They are arguably worse because the Enclave had intentions of using their tech to rebuild America, to help the wasteland fucks who weren't ghouls or mutants while the Brotherhood is content to use the wastelanders as resources for food and recruits but not to actually give any help back.

>>57118
>The brotherhood are right though. Synths can't be trusted, certain phrases could make them go berserk.

The Bros don't distrust the Synths because they sometimes get a BSOD and kill a bunch of people (fucking Windows ME) but hate them because they don't fit their definition of life. They hate the Synths because they don't believe a machine can have free will, don't believe something that wasn't crapped out a mom's cooch can be really alive, and most certainly hate the fact the tech is in someone elses hands.

>Ghouls aren't people anymore, and will eventually go feral.

Ghouls are people still, just really, really ugly zombie looking people. And there is no evidence that all ghouls eventually go feral considering there have been pre-war ghouls around throughout the series that remained sane despite constant exposure to rads or little rad exposure.
Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
>> No. 57122 ID: 38f673
>>57121
>They are arguably worse because the Enclave had intentions of using their tech to rebuild America, to help the wasteland fucks who weren't ghouls or mutants while the Brotherhood is content to use the wastelanders as resources for food and recruits but not to actually give any help back.

Except the BoS hasn't made any attempts to bring the Commonwealth under its control in any meaningful way. The only "settlements" they fucking curbstomp into the ground are factions ones, the Institute and Railroad. Hell, if they were complete genocidal Enclave assholes like you claim them to be, they would have already set out to annex Diamond City , take over Vault 81, and have Liberty Prime shit nukes atop of Good Neighbor. Admittedly, this could change with future DLCs but we have yet to see.

If anything, the Commonwealth as a whole is quicker to gain benefits from the BoS destroying raider & super mutant camps, feral ghoul infestations, and not kidnapping people at random to turn into BoS soldiers.

>The Bros don't distrust the Synths because they sometimes get a BSOD and kill a bunch of people (fucking Windows ME) but hate them because they don't fit their definition of life. They hate the Synths because they don't believe a machine can have free will, don't believe something that wasn't crapped out a mom's cooch can be really alive, and most certainly hate the fact the tech is in someone elses hands.

While the definition of real life vs synthetic life is a part of the BoS's justification of purging synths, it's not the main motivator when compared to the Institute literally restarting the whole process of destroying the world again. Have you not heard the Institute hijacking the radio to broadcast shitty polarizing propaganda?

>And even if the average wastelands can't be trusted with power armor, lasers, or mini-nukes (they can have my Fat man tactical nuclear catapult when they pry it from my warm, radioactive charred fingers) that doesn't excuse denying life saving medical technology or tech that could improve lives.

I don't think they really care about the tech you can carry around on yourself, even if it is mini-nukes. They're more concerned about Mass Fusion and Institute tech running amok.


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  
[0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14]