, cat disappointed.jpg
It's just call of duty now.
I'm not going to say they fucked up the multiplayer, but there were a lot of design choices that went the wrong way.
- It takes a long time to get titans, almost all pilot combat now.
- Titans no longer have shields, just a fixed amount of health.
- Titans are no longer customizable. There's 5 classes and the weapons cannot be changed. You can change perks, which is shit like "slightly faster charge time".
- Pilot cloak lasts a long ass time, meaning there's sneaky assholes all around.
- You choose between an anti-titan weapon or a pistol. Not both.
- No windowed borderless mode.
- All titans get electric smoke, but it takes a while to get ready initially, and a while to recharge.
- Rodeo'ing is severely nerfed. You pull the hatch off, toss in a grenade, and jump off.
- Burn cards are gone.
- Couple of new weapons.
- The grappling hook is SLOW to retract.
- Weapons that are reasonably accurate and do damage. (I'm looking at you, BF1.)
- Good netcode, when the servers aren't lagging to shit. (First day excusable.)
- Tight controls.
- Smart pistol is gone. That was the ultimate noob weapon.
- People die when they are killed.
- It's a VERY FAST skill based shooter.
- New rocket launcher and Sidewinder missiles are now anti-personnel weapons.
- Some new energy weapons.
- Don't know if there's skill based match making.
It runs like shit on my laptop. i7-4700HQ and Nvivida 860M. The video is maxed. With all the video settings set to potato I'm getting 30-40 fps most of the time. It looks and runs nice on my buddy's desktop with a Nvidia 980.
I'm pretty disappointed. Titanfall 1 was one of my favorite games and was damned near perfect except for the limited content. This is only acceptable because there isn't shit else out besides Battlefield.